Join BBC Worldwide as Investment Executive - Television Centre
As a key member of the Content Investment Team you will inform, support and provide analysis, across the entire investment process.
- Proactively assist in and preparing investment proposals for approval (analysing distribution revenue to determine investment amount; comparing performance measures to benchmarks; producing narratives through collaboration with Directors / Managers / Commercial Execs)
- Facilitate dialogue between the Regions and Global Content whenever required during the preparation and analysis of a business case.
- Input into the development and revisions of analysis models and investment processes, with Senior Investment Executives.
- To work with the Senior Investment Executives in preparing and submitting regular reporting to the investment boards.
- To work with the Senior Investment Executives in managing the entire approvals process.
Investment Pipelines and Budgets
- Proactively contribute to the management of the Content Investment budgets.
- Accurately and effectively update and maintain the global Content pipeline within the CILS system. Involves close attention to detail and data management following regular meetings with the Genre teams to keep track of any changes.
- Accurate forecasting of cash, investment and delivery data and communicate current forecasts with Finance.
Analysis of Historical Information
- Provide ad hoc profitability reports to various users and decision makers
- Acting as SuperUser and information gatekeeper for CILS, SPIN, SAP, and InfoCentre. Liaise with the IT department to ensure the smooth running and continuing development of systems.
- Provide meaningful information to various users in the company
- Provide guidance to relevant parties regarding the production and investment process
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the relevant IT systems
Ad hoc projects
- Support the Senior Investment Executives, Controller of Content Investment and Genre Teams on an ad hoc basis with presentation creation, information requests, and other business requirements.
- Support commissioning team on local commissions as required.
- Deputise for the Senior Investment Executives where necessary / as directed.
- To manage the Rights Archive system and process, contributing to any updates to the process as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
This role will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills with a diverse range of business users both verbally and in written form
- Numerate with experience of using spreadsheets to a high level of proficiency
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to manage busy workload with minimal supervision
- Proven initiative and an eye for detail
- Good organisational skills and a flexible attitude are required to respond to rapidly changing priorities and to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- The ability to develop an understanding of all the different areas of the business and to respect confidentiality and discretion.
- Quick learner, flexible, professional and prepared to work to own initiative
- Patient, considerate and empathetic approach to dealing with people. Good head for problem solving.
- The ability to communicate and influence people from various technical backgrounds and at all levels of seniority.
- Media / commercial knowledge and experience desirable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.