BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
As part of an historic and exciting expansion of the BBC World Service, BBC Russian boosted its TV and digital offer to provide more mobile, and TV/video content and to further expand its social-media presence.
The expanded team is based in the BBC’s Moscow bureau and in the BBC’s headquarters in London, as well as in other countries, working closely and collaboratively to deliver international news relevant to a Russian-speaking audience.
Hosting a large Russian-speaking population, Israel and neighbouring countries have long been of great interest and importance for the BBC News Russian service.
We are looking for a talented Video Journalist to join the team in Jerusalem.
The successful candidate will organise, gather, process and deliver multimedia content, with a focus on video and digital, for a Russian speaking and international audience.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To produce stories for the website and social media, filming and editing your own material.
- To ensure content is accurate and informative, while striving for creative and imaginative output.
- To suggest original story ideas for broadcast, digital and multimedia output from Jerusalem.
- To gather and produce materials for various platforms and in different formats e.g. online, digital video, TV, social media
- To create work in a range of different formats, including online articles, TV and digital video packages and other video materials.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent Russian and a strong understanding of English and Hebrew.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position in a news environment.
- Knowledge of video editing principles and experience with Final Cut or Adobe Premier or other video editing software.
- Broad understanding of current technical issues involved in production of video content and a demonstrable interest in new media technologies.
- An excellent general knowledge of the regional and international current affairs.
- An in-depth understanding of history, politics, social issues and culture of European Union countries as well as the changing needs of the audience in the target area
Based in Jerusalem, Israel
Continuing (permanent) contract
Local terms and conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Israel.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here