BBC Northern Ireland News & Current Affairs produce daily radio, television and digital output. Journalists in its multi-media newsroom can find themselves working flexibly across a range of platforms, programmes, rotas, and teams, in either an on-air role or as part of a production team reporting to Producers and Assistant Editors. They support, develop and maintain the BBC’s Values and Behaviours to create a culture where staff feel informed, valued and empowered to give their best. The successful candidate will have: an excellent grasp of editorial guidelines and journalism law; an in-depth knowledge of BBC news output; a good breadth of general knowledge; experience of finding and delivering original stories across platforms and an understanding of the role of digital news in reaching new audiences.
- Offering original stories for television, radio and digital platforms
- Confidence in handling audio and video for television, radio and digital platforms
- A thorough understanding of the editorial benefits and dangers of social media and an ability to interact informally but credibly with the audience on social platforms
- Delivering creative treatments for television, radio and digital platforms
- Casting compelling discussions and debates
- Confidence in dealing with complex editorial and legal issues
Are you the right candidate?
You will have strong journalistic skills and a passion for news and current affairs. You will have a sound knowledge of politics, current affairs and ongoing issues in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and further afield.
Proposed Band C
4 x 1 year FTC / Flexi contracts
5 x Continuing / full time contracts
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.