Junior Agile Project Manager
BBC iPlayer is one of the UKs most well-known and loved products. Our mission is to be the future of BBC TV. It is an exciting time to join the team as weve ambitious goals to be the number one online TV service in the UK. We want to double our reach, and quadrupling the time each person spends on iPlayer every week in the next 3 years.
This is a role in supporting a team of engineers to build out iPlayer experiences.The team has a high degree of autonomy to achieve product objectives. If you enjoy working in an agile, fast-movingfeedbackbased environment where everything is built with quality,scale andperformance in mind, this is the perfect place for you.
Our department is based in Dock House at MediaCity:UK, the same building that broadcasts 6 Music. We have a self-organising multi-discipline team composed of software engineers, testers, product owners, and project managers.
Our Project Managers are key to the delivery of great experiences for our audiences. To be successful in this role you will have the ability to expertly balance technical know how with creativity.
You will comfortably collaborate with external partners and internal teams, actively managing technical delivery end-to-end to an exceptionally high quality. You will have abundant experience working alongside Product and shepherding stakeholders. You are very much a communicator and team player who understands what is required to supportproducts.
You should be demonstrably experienced in how you effectively scale your efforts against a flexing delivery portfolio, whilst ensuring quality deliverables are achieved against deadlines.
Ideally you also have experience of software development cycles and build and deployment pipelines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skills and to help in the creation of new and exciting ideas for our audiences.
The Ideal Candidate
- To work as part of a multi-disciplined collaborative team.
- To ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to technicalspecifications.
- Develop key relationships with external partners and internal teams to deliver a collaborative solution.
- To be the technical first point of contact for external partners.
- To ensure that project progress is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on the delivery of your projects.
- To ensure all development work is fully tested to meet BBC Standards & Guidelines.
- To communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders using appropriate means, escalating issues as required
- Excellent career progressionthe BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunitiesour in-house Academy hosts awide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital communitywe have a strong focus on continuous improvementand engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working weekfor work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relatingto them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.