The Commercial Systems and Applications team sit within the BBC Design + Engineering division. This team is dedicated to providing the technology needed to help BBC Studios transform its operations and remain a leading producer, distributor and licensor of unmissable content, products and events.
A fantastic opportunity for a Junior Business Analyst within Commercial Applications and Systems. Commercial Applications and Systems sits within the wider Design and Engineering (D&E) organisation and is dedicated to providing the technology needed to help BBC Studios transform its operations and remain a leading producer, distributor and licensor of unmissable content, products and events.
The Junior Business Analyst will be aligned to the C,P+L and Branded Services Product Group and will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of commercial business areas and technical strategy and delivery functions. The role will involve working within a dynamic, diverse and inclusive project team comprising technology, business and third party suppliers. The Junior Business Analyst will support the product and business analysis function to deliver a key Broadcast Management System migration.
- Support the gathering of user, business and technical requirements (both functional and non-functional), documenting accurately, to ensure all requirements that contribute to a business case and solution delivery are valid and traceable
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of existing business processes and systems, documenting process models and task analysis, to identify areas for potential process improvement
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with all stakeholders and designated contacts, to share business system and domain knowledge
- Work closely with Project and Product management teams with the purpose of providing analysis updates, removing task blockers to facilitate business or technical decisions in the BBC’s best interest
- Support the identification and validation of user acceptance criteria, working from business requirements, solution design and test strategy, to collaborate with the wider development and test teams and agree the final acceptance criteria
- Support all aspects of the quality assurance process, including hands-on testing and facilitation of user acceptance testing as required
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of business and data analysis tools and techniques such as: requirements elicitation, process mapping, stakeholder and business process re-engineering
- Ability to work using different business analysis techniques under the guidance of senior Business Analysts within the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to get the message across and relate to the audience
- Ability to effectively manage professional relationships; listening, encouraging discussion and promoting two way communication
- Appreciation of project lifecycle delivery as a Business Analyst in a technical environment
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to juggle competing priorities and take the appropriate course of action
- Knowledge of broadcast scheduling, broadcast asset management or editorial compliance systems or workflows.
Contract type: 8 months FTC/Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here