We’re looking for a Junior Business Analyst with a passion for data to join our growing Data Technologies team. You will be helping to deliver system, product and process improvements, which will drive efficiency and effectiveness across the BBC’s digital properties and business intelligence systems.
You will be comfortable with organising, specifying and modelling requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous.
The Data Technologies team spans across various BBC organizations and digital products, working with internal and external technologies to deliver the strategic road-map while designing, developing & implementing data infrastructures.
The Junior Business Analyst will work closely with one or more products to capture requirements, bring a voice to underlying business issues that need to be addressed and discover any information related to projects being delivered from our solutions.
- Assist the Data Technology product managers in defining clear product goals and objectives.
- Work with stakeholders and the team to analyse and identify product needs and possible solutions.
- Write clear requirements with acceptance criteria and where possible ensure these are met by working with the engineering and testing teams.
- Manage a product backlog of requirements, triage new requests that come into the team and prioritise these with the product manager, stakeholders and the team.
- Work with the project manager and team to size tasks and ensure optimal flow through the delivery.
- Gather, analyse, and report on feedback and usage data to benchmark and measure the performance of our products.
- Be a subject matter expert on the Audience data, products and services and support users who access technologies we manage
- Facilitate workshops with the team, external stakeholders and other teams.
- Research other products and services (both internal and external to the BBC) to inform product strategy and direction.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Good written and spoken communication skills; the ability to deliver communications to stakeholders with various levels of knowledge
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes and projects into component parts and be able to explore them systematically.
- Experience running workshops, with the ability to effectively manage professional relationships; listening, encouraging discussion and promoting two-way communication.
- Can develop and create project plans, and is able to clearly articulate roles, accountability, project goals, and timelines.
- Experience of using agile processes and practices in a digital software delivery environment.
- Experience of a variety of project management methods, both iterative and waterfall, applied in business-to-business or direct-to-consumer solutions.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans; manages time effectively.
- Can juggle competing priorities and take the appropriate course of action in decision management
- Experience in providing relevant data to support product decisions based on evidence.
- Experience of working with data models and assisting engineering teams with incorporating business requirements.
- Experience with SQL, data analytics & data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau.
If you have some but not all of these skills, we’d still be interested in hearing from you. We are looking for people with the right attitude and we offer amazing training.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Salford - MediaCity
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here