This role is part of BBC Studios, our global content company that supports the BBC Public Service mission of maximising the greatest commercial returns to the license payer by building BBC brands, audiences and reputation across the world.
The BBC Studios Product and Technology group is responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Studios portfolio of products.
Our portfolio is diverse but is fully focused on supporting our functions and businesses around the globe, whether that be back-office functions, content production or direct to consumer offerings. We are a growing function and will provide an important contribution to the business growth targets over the coming years.
Commercial Digital are a multi-function delivery team focused on the delivery of world class direct-to-consumer solutions within BBC Studios. We are a small agile team delivering big change.
Our products include a number of brands including Britbox, BBC.com, BBC Select and Top Gear as well as a number of market leading B2B products.
You will join a team where everyone - including you – strives to better understand our customers and improve our products on a daily basis.
As a team we are adaptable, supportive, highly business focused and continually looking to improve.
The role provides the opportunity to join our Syndication team who are responsible for design, delivery and support of our BBC Select and Podcast products, which are available in the US and Canada on platforms including Apple, Amazon and Roku.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in working on all aspects of the products including platform support, analysis of new feature requests and delivery of new features including testing.
The successful Junior Business Analyst will be involved in a range of support, delivery and testing activities for BBC Select and Podcast, including:
- Day to day operational support, ensuring support tickets are reviewed in a timely fashion and stakeholders are kept updated on progress
- Impact assess support tickets as required, ensuring root cause is identified and corrective action documented and scheduled as necessary
- Build and maintain knowledgebase on systems, technical and operational support workflows which enable BBC Select and Podcast delivery to partner platforms
- Liaise with internal business teams and 3rd parties including the delivery partners and tech platforms as required
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders and immediate team
- Assist with elicitation, analysis and documentation of business requirements as appropriate
- Assist with identifying the scope of new features and liaise with the development team to establish effort
- Assist with QA and regression testing of new features
- Work closely with Software Developers, Testers, Business Analysts and Project Managers as part of an agile team
Are you the right candidate?
- Good communication skills - both written and spoken - using a variety of methods; the ability to get the message across and relative to the audience
- Fosters professional relationships; listens, encourages discussion and promotes two-way communication
- Good knowledge of project lifecycle and delivery in a technical environment
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans; manages time effectively
- Good planning and organisational skills; able to juggle competing priorities and take an appropriate course of action
- Has resilience and is able to take input and direction to run with a task; works on own initiative
- To learn and adopt different business analysis techniques appropriate and relevant to delivery scope
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/XXX in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here