Junior Designer, BBC Global News
BBC StoryWorks is an innovative and rapidly expanding content team at the cutting edge of digital advertising; it is the commercial content division of BBC Global News, creating innovative, world-class, bespoke content marketing solutions for the BBC's advertising clients.
As the Junior Designer you will develop and deliver content, ensuring that it achieves the highest creative and editorial standards.
- Support with digital design solutions to support the BBC StoryWorks and wider sales efforts - most frequently creative advertising and content-led marketing assets for BBC.com or clients.
- Support campaign distribution through creative efforts across traffic drivers and social media creative. Elevate this offering through creative ideas and solutions
- Have a comfortable understanding of fundamental UX and design principles to help wider team with concepts. Working collaboratively with content strategists and editors applying both to create top quality and pixel perfect designs
- Work collaboratively with and take direction from the Head of Design, Senior designer and wider teams.
- Working flexibly and collaboratively across a global team, at times be able to be flexible with schedule to adapt other regions working hours.
- Support sales teams and StoryWorks content strategists to Respond to client pitches with creative solutions and help with collateral to enhance our offering
Are you the right candidate?
- Must be able to show a portfolio of strong graphic design work with digital as a component.
- Show passion and consideration for fundamental design principles and the wider creative environment, enjoy solving UX problems as well as creating pixel-perfect designs.
- A keen understanding of digital content led solutions within an editorial and commercial environment.
- Understanding of user experience (UI/UX) principles, ability to develop wireframes, where relevant for microsites and design and spec digital products.
- Demonstrate understanding of Mobile First methodologies and responsive solutions and show appreciation for technical abilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies
- Adobe Creative Suite skills especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS to inform digital design solutions.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here