The Junior Designer will work closely with the studios Integrated Designers and also collaborate with the wider design team including the Head of Design and Creative Director.
They will offer design support, produce presentations, carry out design research work, take part in brainstorms, work on mock ups and art direction for photography shoots and provide support on large scale campaigns when required.
In addition, they will offer graphics support on franchise brand collateral and pre-sales activity.
An excellent knowledge of Adobe suite of design programs such as Photoshop Indesign and Illustrator are a must. Also, Keynote presentation skills, as well as a strong curious and creative mind are required. Animation and illustration skills are a bonus but not mandatory.
The Junior Designer will play an integral role within the Creative Team. They will assist the Head of Design and Integrated Designers primarily and offer support on wider projects where necessary.
- Supporting the Integrated designers on various creative briefs.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and to support the wider design team in developing creative across a variety of briefs such as the creation of Key art imagery, logo design, brand development and implementation and trade event spatial design.
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the team.
- Deliver creative work on time and to a professional level.
- Research work: keeping in touch with contemporary design/trends and sourcing imagery/material that can help the studios creative development.
Are you the right candidate?
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of contacts, and the ability to deal with contacts with tact and sensitivity
- Awareness and understanding of Graphic Design equipment and file management and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe design programmes.
- An ability to understand the difference between design formats, on screen RGB vs CMYK print process.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- Pro-active approach to self-development and adapting to new ways of working and improvements in production techniques.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s licence fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.