Junior Production Manager, Gardeners World - Unscripted
Gardeners’ World, the well-loved and highly- acclaimed production made by BBC Studios Unscripted Productions in Bristol, is looking for a talented and motivated JPM to start in January 2021.
The Junior Production Manager will be responsible for managing the Production on a day to day basis, ensuring delivery of accurate budgets and production planning in a demanding and changing environment. The JPM will manage the post schedule, as all our editors are working remotely this will be more demanding than normal in terms of juggling. They will also be responsible for remotely managing the PMA’s
Due to the Covid19 outbreak and restrictions around social distancing this role would entail working from home and the handover will be done remotely. However once Covid restrictions are lifted the role will be based fulltime in the Bristol office.
The nature of the role means that a flexible approach to working time will be necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the post production schedule, monitoring production budgets, assessing financial viability of content ideas that may arise during production, day to day line management, appraisals and development of a team of PMAs and runners, ensuring they work cohesively as a team. You will contribute to the commissioning and approval/start of production processes, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are aligned. In addition to this, ensuring production teams are aware of, and adhere to the processes for fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of three broadcast credits at PC level
- Knowledge of post production and experience of managing post schedules is essential
- Considerable experience of delivering a range of productions across a range of output or genres, on time and on budget.
- Experience of monitoring and managing Health & Safety on a production
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production of content.
- Effective project management skills and proven experience of delivering projects.
- Able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Proven track record of being organised and responsive in fast paced environments
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
Contract type: Fixed Term
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here