Junior Production Manager The Science Unit
BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British, content. It is a major supplier of high quality content and the source of many of the BBC’s most creative and inspiring programmes across the world.
BBC Factual is home to the award-winning Science Unit. We make powerful content for the BBC and external customers across all platforms. From landmark series as ‘The Planets’ to ‘Stargazing Live’, ‘Horizon’ and ‘8 Days : To the Moon and Back’ - just a small sample of some of our amazing content.
We are looking for an experienced Junior Production Manager to work on a new landmark series for BBC2.
The Junior Production Manager will work alongside the Production Manager to support in leading the London Production Management team on a day to day basis. The team handle a portfolio of content and on occasions individuals may support a number of projects at any one time. They will ensure delivery of accurate budgets and production planning in a demanding and changing environment. The Junior Production Manager role may deputise for the Production Manager as and when required and be responsible for line management of junior staff. They will bring a broad range of Production Management experience to the Content Production team.
Post holders at this level have delegated decision-making authority from the Production Manager (or equivalent) regarding the smooth day-to-day running of their production, working within BBC guidelines and frameworks. The Junior Production Manager may either manage a less complex production, with support from a Production Manager, or on a larger, more complex production, provide a supporting role to the Production Manager
Are you the right candidate?
- You will be a Junior Production Manager or a very experienced Production Coordinator (5yrs +) with a passion for Factual content and ideally with a track record of contributing to managing multiple projects
- Deep experience of planning and executing high-risk shoots and foreign filming is essential
- Proven negotiation skills and previous experience of managing complex budgets.
- You will have demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production processes and workflows from planning through to technical and paperwork delivery.
- You will have experience of planning and monitoring Health & Safety on a production
- You will seek knowledge and understanding of production systems and workflows in order to lead and support the implementation of new technologies on productions.
- You will be able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team and with a wide range of external contacts.
- You will have demonstrable team leadership skills, able to lead, develop and motivate teams
- You will have outstanding of time management and organisational skills
Contract type: Fixed - Full Time
Location: London Television Centre W12
Contract length - approx 18 months.
Interviews will be within the first two weeks of September, with a start date of mid to late September.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here