Project: The Watches - 3 series across the year – Winterwatch, Springwatch and Autumnwatch.
The Natural History Unit is the world leader in natural history programming and currently looking for a Junior Production Manager for the Watches strand, starting with Winterwatch 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team on a hugely successful BBC series and to develop your career in production management. It offers great experience in a live environment across three UK locations.
You will be a Junior Production Manager or a very experienced Production Coordinator and able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills on large or complex projects. Previous experience at JPM level is useful but not essential.
The role offers a unique opportunity to seek out and contribute to efficient innovation and sustainability initiatives within this Bafta award winning strand.
You will need to be available to start in January although later start dates may be considered.
- Direct line management: Line managing a team of PMAs and runners
- Budgeting: Working with PM to maintain an overview of the entire series budget. Responsible for specific areas of the production budget
- Scheduling: Planning best use of the funding, allocation of staff and resources and manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Negotiating: using experience to negotiate deals and contracts with suppliers in line with BBC guidelines
- Sustainability: Contributing to, and helping to implement practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have multiple credits as a Production Coordinator across factual productions.
- You will have demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production across different platforms, with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production process.
- Experience of production budgets, assessing financial viability of content ideas that may arise during production, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are aligned
- You will have experience of monitoring and managing health & safety and sustainability on a production.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills and will be able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team and with a wide range of external contacts.
Contract type: Fixed Term ( 9 months )
Start date - January 2022
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: [BBC/TP/1912794/57423] in the subject.
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here