Adopting public cloud is now an important part of the BBC's technology strategy, but guaranteeing non-functionals like scale, performance, reliability and security for products like iPlayer and BBC News won't come for free as part of that transition.
We're looking for experienced engineers to design, build and operate the BBC's cloud platforn.
Join a small group of engineers working on the technology foundations of the BBC's Digital division. We are a motivated team with a supportive engineering culture.
The Online Technology Group's Engineering team works across on-premises and public cloud platforms. We're clustered around specific domains or groups of products, such as media distribution infrastructure. You'll work closely alongside around six other engineers, and partner with a product manager to define direction and technical approach. Our method is agile/ lean, with an emphasis on the principles underlying continuous improvement and delivery.
- Design, build and test software and hardware systems in line with functional and non-functional requirements
- Deploy, maintain and operate services and tools as part of BBC Digital's overall architecture
- Collaborate with your team to improve the quality of your collective work, and share knowledge
- Use your technical experience to steer decision making within your team and mentor our juniors
- Scout for technology or process innovations outside your team, and represent your team's achievements inside and outside the BBC
Are you the right candidate?
We would like to hear about your experience of:
- Taking a senior role in a software engineering team, guiding at least one complex project from design through to operation
- Developing highly available web services in python
- Designing for and operating Amazon Web Services at scale
- Administering RHEL/ CentOS systems, including rpm packaging and working
Role: Junior Software Engineer(Cloud Platform)
Division: BBC Digital
Department: Online Technology Group
Based in: Broadcast Centre – London W12
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.