Junior User Experience (UX) Designer
We design the BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
Our ace team of UX designers, architects and researchers collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV across 10 digital products: BBC Homepage, Search, News, Sport, Weather, Knowledge & Learning, CBeebies, CBBC, iPlayer and Radio & Music.
- Share designs and ideas with people from design, product, editorial and tech teams.
- Collaborate with other members of UX&D to get to the heart of what our users need, creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes.
- Design elements of coherent, cross-platform user experiences.
- Develop the visual and interaction elements of BBC user experiences, refining them towards a polished design, considering typography, iconography, layout and brand identity along the way.
- Help to define elements of the BBC’s Global Experience Language.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Work with external agencies to learn new things and see new perspectives.
- Help try out design ideas with people on the street to make sure they’re meeting real user needs.
- Do all this with a view to achieving a single, seamless service on all screens across all BBC products.
The Ideal Candidate
You’ve got a spectacular portfolio full of promise and flair, showing you can do great designs on all sorts of screens. Now you’re ready to put promise into practice at the BBC.
You might be all about wireframes, user flows and personas. Or layout, colour and typography. And maybe you’ve even got something special up your sleeve, like a love of illustration, motion graphic design or prototype building. Whatever you’re great at, we want to hear about it!
Whether you learned your skills on a design degree or on the job, you’re always on the lookout for more. So, while you’re already comfortable on the Adobe Creative Suite, you’re happy to try new things to suit the task at hand.
You’re curious and full of ideas – constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them. And you’re happy talking through your design decisions with a diverse range of people.
12 Months FTC