Lead Architect - Connectivity Innovation
The BBC aims to stimulate and delight audiences across the UK with distinctive, creative content. To support this aim, BBC Design & Engineering is entering a period of significant and exciting change, merging multi-disciplinary technology teams from public service and Worldwide in order to define a BBC fit for the next generation.
The vision is simple: The new division will lead the work to re-engineer the BBC, making it into a more agile, more creative and more confident organisation for the Digital age. This complex transformation will enable us to deliver our mission to Inform, Educate and Entertain our audiences in new and distinctive ways.
The Lead Architect will work as part of a team reporting to a Head of Architecture. You will realise the implementation of the BBC’s Technology Strategy and Architecture, transforming the BBC’s capabilities and enabling the next generation of Broadcast and Digital services.
The role is within the BBC’s TS&A Core Architecture Group. The role is primarily concerned with the application of Innovation within Fixed Connectivity, but will also address Connectivity support for Innovation initiatives initiated elsewhere within the BBC.
The Lead Architect will:
- Work with Head of Architecture - Connectivity to create a strategic innovation plan, contributing subject matter and industry related material
- Develop and refine innovation propositions responding to BBC-specific and industry-wide challenges
- Work with BBC Architects (core and embedded) and within wider BBC engagements to foster an environment in which innovation can be exploited to the BBC’s advantage.
- Define and lead innovation initiatives to underpin propositions
- Work with in-house subject matter experts to improve your knowledge of BBC practices and workflows and apply this knowledge to benefit the BBC
- Work together as a team with peer Industry Innovation Advisors to produce value and/or competitive advantage for the BBC based on successful transformation propositions.
- Maintain industry knowledge currency and specific assigned BBC knowledge currency
- Assist peer Architects where your knowledge / experience is relevant to their areas of engagement
The Ideal Candidate
- Practical exposure to Technology Innovation across multiple disciplines and organisations
- Experience of leading Innovation initiatives which have transformed technology and business processes
- Contributing to and influencing the development of area of specialism or industry domain
- Demonstrable experience of Architectural Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
Grade 10 (Proposed Band E)
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.