Lead Architect: Corporate/SAP
The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
The purpose of this role is to ensure a coherent technical strategy and architecture is maintained and implemented across the core BBC corporate systems space.
The role will provide detailed SAP and non-SAP architecture, system expertise and technical governance, ensuring dependencies and relationships between all associated systems are understood, maintained and can be communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain an overarching understanding of the complex Corporate Systems SAP and non-SAP technology landscape and identify service composition challenges and opportunities.
- Lead, develop and maintain architectural roadmaps and strategies within your area, and ensure alignment across products and platforms
- Work with the business, and technology analysis functions to assess and understand business needs and aspirations, and translate into technology impacts and opportunities.
- Design adaptable, scalable solutions using SAP and non-SAP components that are fit-for-purpose and aligned with wider group technology strategy
- Guide and govern solution implementation, via internal and external delivery mechanisms.
- Promote and ensure consistent use of shared platform components, technologies and integration approaches
- Maintain a good understanding of SAP and wider industry/technology trends and innovations to both inform business opportunities, and influence internal and external partner roadmaps to support the business and IT change plans.
- Provide technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of SAP technical architecture including:
- SAP ECC 6 and S/4 HANA
- NetWeaver 7.31 and above
- Enterprise Portal
- Solution Manager
- Business Objects Business Intelligence
- Business Objects Data Services
- Business Objects BPC
- Knowledge of SAP Cloud architecture and applications including:
- SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Knowledge of OpenText Content Suite technical architecture
- Knowledge of server operating system technical architecture including:
- Red Hat Linux 6 and above
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and above
- VMware vSphere
- Ability to decompose complex systems in order to understand the underlying architecture and function groups
- Strong understanding on designing and building scalable and robust systems, and managing throughout their lifecycle
- A track record of designing and delivering solutions across a broad spectrum of the project deliveries, involving mixes of internal, offshore and vendors.
- Strong vendor management skills
- Hands-on approach
- Able to convey complex information across multiple audiences, including senior business, technology teams, peers, and vendors.
- Experience in navigating, influencing and building long term collaborative relationships with the complex and diverse array of people in large organisations, as well as relationships with suppliers and service providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of software licensing models
- Authoritative knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here