We are looking for an experienced and effective Identity Architect for a leadership role that will involve developing the strategy and modernising the Identity service provision for circa 28,000 users.
This role is empowered to identify the strategic direction required, define the delivery roadmap and drive projects to execute the vision for the Identity service across the BBC.
The organisation is at a pivotal point in the evolution of many BBC Services (such as cloud, identity and mobile) and you will have a leading role to play in shaping the Identity service provision within that context.
You will have an opportunity to shape key strategic initiatives and you will own and direct substantial investments.
The BBC offers you a supportive and challenging media environment where you will manage a diverse stakeholder group encompassing creative content and technology professionals.
Are you the right candidate?
You will have worked as a senior consultant or solutions architect in the successful delivery of enterprise solutions for Identity Management and Access Management in a complex organisation with multiple lines of business. You will have:
- Developed and represented business cases for IAM capability evolution, including engagement with key business and IT stakeholders
- Demonstrated a good understanding of the factors shaping modernisation of IAM services in a large Enterprise (such as Federation, Risk-based MFA, frictionless authentication, IGA)
- Developed and maintained roadmaps associated with evolution of key IAM capabilities, understanding their relationships and dependencies.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious software engineers to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
If Architecture is your love the BBC can offer challenges and opportunities that really make a difference. By working with brilliant people, on cutting edge technology your solutions will delight and inform an audience of billions.
You will have a broad range of career opportunities working on compelling technical and business challenges. You will create high-value, scalable and reliable solutions for the future of broadcasting. And you'll have the opportunity to lead the industry and set global standards. We offer you a unique opportunity to design, deliver and influence the content and strategic direction of the BBC.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.