Archives Technology & Services is responsible for the management and storage of the BBC’s catalogue of content, this includes stores of physical material and a range of systems and products which make BBC content accessible to our audiences, programme makers and partners. The BBC’s Archive grows on a daily basis , as well as looking after nearly 100 years of heritage we also develop and design new products and systems to capture and make accessible a huge variety of content.
The BBC is moving its large physical archive collection and we need a Lead Change Manager to work with the Move Programme team and the Archives Technology & Services teams to help deliver this challenging project. As Lead Change Manger you will be the main interface between the programme and the operational teams and stakeholders
The Lead Change Manager will be the main interface between the Perivale Move Programme and the Archive Technology & Services department and stakeholders.
- Establishing the series of activities and transformation projects required in order to facilitate the move of the BBC’s physical archive collections
- Managing a team of change managers who will work closely with the Archive Technology & Services teams to deliver at pace the projects and activities required.
- Will shape, own and deliver communication plans about the Move Programme providing a regular cadence of reports and updates for teams and stakeholders
- Work closely with Archives Technology & Services management team to transform the service operating model
- Establish the training and development requirements for the department to support new ways of working which will be part of the change programme.
The Ideal Candidate
The BBC is moving its large physical archive collection and we need a Lead Change Manager to work with the Move Programme team and the Archives Technology & Services teams to help deliver this challenging project.
As Lead Change Manger you will be the main interface between the programme and the operational teams and stakeholders. You will have experience of leading change programmes and helping transform services and operating models. You will have experience of delivering projects and managing communication plans. You will have experience of creating and managing teams focussed on results. You will be comfortable working with a variety of teams and stakeholders in order to achieve success.
Contract type: FTC/Attachment - 22 months
Location: Cardiff, Glasgow, London, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here