Lead Product Manager, Successfactors
Corporate & Commercial Systems supports the BBC’s internal and external business-facing technologies such as Finance, Procurement and Treasury, HR, Learning, Resource Scheduling, Legal, Safety and Talent Accounting, as well as commercial products for our BBC Studios commercial subsidiary.
As a Systems Engineering Manager for the Successfactors Product Suite you will lead a motivated and successful team of Systems Engineers, Product Managers and an Outsourced AMS Service to deliver an exciting roadmap of changes across our Goals, Performance, Learning, Succession, Career Progression, Mentoring and in future recruitment and Onboarding areas of focus. It is a highly innovative team looking to deliver the best possible service to our customers and end users, with a design led thinking approach underpinned by a thorough knowledge of our product and our customers.
The successful candidate will be working alongside other Systems Engineering Managers responsible for other product sets under the HR, Learning, Resource Scheduling, Legal and Safety functional landscape, as well as Lead Business Analysts and Project Managers, all reporting into the Head of Product.
This role has three direct reports including a Senior Product Manager, Senior System Engineer and a Systems Engineer as well as being accountable for an outsourced AMS service responsible for Incident, Problem and Change management.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- You will be accountable for defining and managing the roadmap for the Successfactors product Suite to meet evolving business requirements especially during a period of significant change across the BBC as a result of CV19 where the new operating model will need to be underpinned by core HR Technology.
- You will be accountable for delivering enabling work in SF in relation to the wider People Strategy and direction of travel under a new Director General
- Staying informed on SAP’s product roadmap and influencing the direction of travel by submitting requests as well as taking part in beta development programs
- Ensuring that the teams and the business follow best practice approaches to design, build and test in line with the wider D+E standards.
- Ensuring that all delivery is in line with legislative requirements e.g. GDPR, as well as the BBC’s Security and Safety Policies
- Responsible for maintaining a focus on the UX (working closely with UX&D colleagues) by ensuring that a design led thinking approach is followed in line with Human Experience Management.
- Pushing for use of standard processes and configuration to reduce complexity, improve the UX, ensure adoption and engagement and enable efficiency not only within the business but within our teams.
- Responsible for ensuring Value for Money in everything that you do
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Significant knowledge of the Successfactors Product Suite both functionality and technically including experience of managing both Complex Project Delivery and BAU change, incident and problem across the landscape.
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing strong stakeholder relationships with the business as a trusted Business Partner.
- Knowledge of the HR function and it’s key operation within a business to support
- You will be an experienced and effective Team Leader, using clear communication, honesty, respect and managing performance effectively to get the best out of individuals and teams.
- You will have demonstrable experience of writing business cases in line with Business and IT Strategy as well as prioritizing and managing budgets and resources to deliver an innovative, exciting and challenging roadmap
Contract type: 14 months Fixed Term Contract /Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here