Lead Project Manager, BBC Global News
This is an exciting opportunity to join BBC Global News; a commercial company in the BBC Group and one of the world's leading news and media organisations. As a global business of c400 employees in 12 countries Global News is responsible for a portfolio of award-winning commercial websites and products including:
The Lead Project Manager will be a key member of the team responsible for launching a subscription product across Global News’ digital portfolio including systems integrations, operating model set-up etc
- Managing and delivering the project within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints to enable delivery of the agreed outputs and benefits
- Working closely with project stakeholders, to address issues and deliver effective communication strategies
- Running all meetings and project materials
- Adept at breaking down barriers for the wider Reader Revenue team and both planning at a higher level as well as getting into the detail to make things happen
You will do this by:
- creating great working environments for the wider team to enable them to deliver value
- role-modelling, demonstrating and sharing knowledge of agile delivery practices
- orchestrating efforts across a range of teams and workstreams towards clear outcomes
- building meaningful relationships with stakeholders, partners, and manufacturers to encourage engagement and set expectations
Are you the right candidate?
We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who is delivery-focussed, adept at managing change and enjoys working in a demanding, high profile environment. You should be passionate about agile working and care about technology. And we want someone who believes that how you work is as important as what you deliver. You will be bright, empathetic, persuasive, and perseverant.
You will have:
- Proven experience in launching an online subscription product
- Significant track record of successfully delivering complex digital services and products
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies, how they help deliver products and services and experience in promoting these across an organisation
- Extensive understanding and experience of the digital landscape
Contract type: 12 month FTC
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here