Lead Project Manager (E) Commercial Digital
You’ll report into the Head of Product: Commercial Digital & Marketing within the Corporate & Commercial Systems division of BBC D+E.
The division is focused on building world class systems and technology offerings that drive our commercial division and enabling functions, globally.
As part of the Commercial & Corporate Systems division, this role is unique in that it spans both the Public Service and Commercial activities of BBC.
- Delivery of projects and programmes of work from initial shaping through to delivery, either as a direct project lead or through leading a team.
- Build a high performing team through strong management and mentoring of the existing team and effective hiring of new staff.
- Provide visibility of progress in formal reports, in meetings and presentations and in ad hoc written communications.
- Implement effective methods of managing prioritisation, scope, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Collaborate with wide stakeholder group – internal and external - to optimise delivery and constantly review our processes, driving clarity on how each discipline contributes to delivery.
- Develop productive relationships with pan-BBC and external stakeholders, delivery partners, and suppliers
Are you the right candidate?
In this recently expanded role, you will work with a broad canvas of stakeholders and projects but all with the focus of improving the way in with we interact with our customers.
Contract type: Fixed Term - 12 Months
Location: London W12
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here