Lead Project Manager, News Products and Systems (Digital) BBC News
If you enjoy working in an agile, creative and innovative environment where everything is built with scale and performance in mind, this is the ideal role for you. This is an opportunity to help develop and shape a Digital First BBC. Working in the Projects and Change team in the News Product and Systems (NPS) group, the Lead Project Manager has responsibility for circa 10-12 project management staff and will be tasked with defining and delivering new capability across our product range which sits at the heart of the BBC, providing content to millions of people every day.
- You will make a significant contribution to the achievement of the News Product & Systems team’s objectives through facilitating constructive discussion and debate amongst other members of the NP&S Management Team to ensure progress towards objectives and goals.
- You will also ensure that project benefits and metrics are evaluated and will be responsible for the communication of NP&S strategy to your team.
- You will be an advocate for agile and lean practices at all levels, ensuring continuous delivery, enabling speed without compromise to quality and keeping the focus on value delivery at all times.
- You will be responsible for operating your team budget of c£1M and for attracting, retaining and developing the best possible talent from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- You will be a key contact for other teams outside NP&S, specifically Platforms and Sport, and actively foster new ways to collaborate and remove duplication of effort.
Are you the right candidate?
- Hands on experience of agile software delivery at scale with strong opinion of what good looks like with respect to continuous delivery, enabling speed without compromise to quality.
- Ability to present to and influence stakeholders up to Director level.
- A team player who can coach, develop and mentor the wider NP&S community, also provide leadership among your peers.
If you feel you are up for the challenge please do apply and let us know why you feel you have what it takes.
G10 (proposed Band E)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.