BBC Technology & Product Groups provide the foundations for broadcasting - we keep the BBC’s services on-air 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That means everything from transmission for TV and radio - enabling us to reach 97% of adults in the UK every week including the cameras, mixing desks, email and business systems for our world-class programme-makers and staff.
It is this technology that connects our colleagues and our viewers to our content. To support the BBC now and in the future, our priorities are to make sure we’re flexible, efficient and can take advantage of all the digital developments happening in broadcasting.
Our objectives are to:
- Deliver agreed portfolio priorities to plan
- Delivery on our major projects
- Be a strategic partner with the rest of the BBC
- Make real the Technology & Product Group Operating model
- Build the capability we need to deliver the Technology & Product Group Vision
This role sits within Corporate and Commercial in BBC Technology Group which sets the technology strategy and delivers and supports solutions to optimise running of all the BBC’s business-critical corporate functions including HR, Finance, Procurement, Legal and Workplace. The team largely works with SAP products working alongside business customers and external partners in a largely outsourced application management environment.
We are looking for the most talented, experienced and quality-focused Lead SAP Project manager to join our team of product managers, programme and project managers, business analysts and solution architects to enable the delivery of a challenging portfolio of projects including technical upgrades and introduction of new functionality.
- Manage/Lead a team of Project Managers
- End to end delivery of specific projects for the BBC
- Co-ordination and management of project team members to deliver to plan and with the right quality
- Working with and management of third parties to deliver successfully
- Management of all aspects of delivery including risks, issues, scope, cost and timeline
- Engagement and management of key stakeholders and customers
- Regular progress reporting
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of Managing/Leading a team of functional/technical Project Managers
- Hands-on functional experience with Finance, Procurement & Treasury SAP modules
- Strong and demonstrable experience in managing critical SAP oriented projects
- An understanding of finance, procurement and treasury processes and reporting
- Experience in working with both internal and third-party teams to deliver complex pieces of work
- A proven track record across all phases of the IT project delivery lifecycle
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, White City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here