The BBC Academy’s responsible for learning and development across the BBC. Our aim is to deliver learning experiences that are effective, innovative and enable our ambition to be the most creative organisation in the world.
Our Learning Experience Design team support the discovery, design, testing and production of the BBC’s blended learning programmes. We’re currently looking for an experienced and passionate Content Producer/Learning Developer to join our team on a 9-month FTC.
As a content producer/learning developer, you’ll be responsible for the planning and production of learning experiences across multiple delivery channels including e-learning authoring tools like Gomo, Evolve and Rise, audio, video and within our learning experience platform to support the BBC’s diverse set of learning programmes and campaigns. Working hand in hand with our learning experience designers you’ll:
- design, develop and produce a variety of high quality learning solutions, ranging from innovative to straightforward, in service to the needs to the learner.
- refresh, update and redesign existing learning resources and materials.
- work on multiple learning projects championing learner centrered thinking.
- champion and develop content delivery ideas for our Learning Experience Platform
- work collaboratively with colleagues and subject matter experts across the BBC to build effective learning solutions.
- apply the latest thinking in learning to develop creative production ideas to maximise learner engagement and impact.
- manage relationships with projects being delivered through our framework of external suppliers where necessary.
- undertake day-to-day work within the team supporting activities such as content and website updates.
- work with diversity and inclusion in mind to ensure all learning solutions are accessible for staff across the BBC.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate would have previous experience of working in an L&D production role, and will be an expert in learning authoring tools such as Evolve and Gomo. You may also have some knowledge of video and audio production.
You have excellent planning and organisation skills, and are able to manage multiple complex projects.
In addition, you will come with a demonstrable knowledge of the latest thinking in digital learning and experience in developing blended learning programmes.
You will have a creative flair and a willingness to try different approaches to challenges, and have fantastic influencing, persuading and stakeholder management skills.
Finally you have a flexible, adaptable and resilient approach to work, with experience of working with agility and pace.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Contract type: 9-month attachment
Location: UK - Flexible
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here