When you work alongside someone as inspiring as @Smitha Massey the opportunity for personal development and knowledge enhancement is off the scale. In fact the reason we are looking for a Learning Operations Manager is a direct result of internal promotion – here in Learning & Development we take personal progression very seriously. For everyone.
But even an inspirational leader has the need for complimentary skills and talents to enable the function to perform at its very best, and in this instance it’s all about organisational capability, multi-tasking and an obsessive fascination with making the numbers tally.
So if the one thing that puts a spring in your step and a smile on your face is being at the centre of operations as an essential cog in the workings of a highly respected L&D function then we would love to hear your story.
And here at BBC Studios we are masters of storytelling and much more. Did you know:
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British television content, leading the way in a creative storytelling, known and celebrated around the world for the quality of its programmes. Launched as a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC in 2018, merging the commercial and distribution arm BBC Worldwide, BBC Studios works with customers around the world in generating financial returns for licence fee payers. It generates revenues of £1.4bn and returns over £200 million annually to the BBC Group.
- You will play an integral part in the team by managing the overall budget for Smitha’s L&D function. You’ll have a keen grasp on the numbers and be happiest with your head in a spreadsheet and your fingers on a calculator (unless you can add up and take-away in your head of course!)
- You’ll be a great multitasker, comfortable assessing learning demands and resource planning and managing the implementation of learning plans.
- You will relish working with a wide variety of stakeholders – all accompanied with a charm and manner that just gets things done.
- You’ll be creative, different thinking and confident to challenge processes. We’d rather you ask why we do it that way and seek to make continual improvements than put up with a less than perfect process.
- You will be using data and reports designed to assess the impact of learning and insight that support a proactive learning strategy - so you will have a natural insight that spots trends and a knack for identifying new talent pools that will deliver fresh impactful results.
- And then there’s planning. You’ll be adept at managing multiple data and information sources and be great at bringing clarity and order to bear. WE deal with LOTS of information and need to bring it into a format and structure that makes sense to a wide audience. You’ll be instrumental in making that happen.
The Ideal Candidate
If the above appealed then you probably are, but to summarise:
- You’ll have proven experience of managing global budgets – and you’ll love it.
- You’ll have experience of resource planning/forecasting and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver programmes in a timely manner
- You will have experience of project/programme management of plans across Leadership, Talent, Learning & D&I
- You’ll love data and meeting KPI’s won’t phase you
- And you’ll have the best organisational skills in the team – bar none.
What’s in it for you?
- The role will offer amazing varied career opportunities for the right person and the chance to work within an industry that you may not have considered before. Previous media experience is not essential
- It’s a truly exciting time to join a business undergoing great positive change and is a place where you can make a difference.
- WE offer real flexibility to work remotely with only occasional needs to come into the iconic TV Centre in Wood Lane – or you can come in lots more because the people are so wonderful;
- A Job share will also be considered.
- You’ll get 26 days holiday with the option to buy up to 5 more
- You’ll get development opportunities outside of your day to day work needs – so you can grow professionally and personally.
- There’s a contributory pension, discounted health and dental, and lots of other company perks.
Sound like a good way to spend a few days a week? We think so. Get in touch and lets see where our vision meets your ambition.
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at email@example.com with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.