This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on a portfolio of award-winning, global, consumer-facing websites and products.
BBC Global News connect brands to the power of BBC audiences through our commercially funded international news, sport and features platforms, across TV, online, social and our apps.
Over half the global online audience watch or view the BBC on a monthly basis, attracting audiences with vastly differing characteristics. BBC Global News has the unique ability to engage influential, affluent audiences through vivid and authentic storytelling.
The role of the Management Accountant will be to provide professional financial support to a range of stakeholders, effective control of financial processes and delivering operational excellence. This role will also contribute to the continuous improvement of finance and key BBC processes
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Provision of information, analysis and supporting commentary to a range of stakeholders.
- Review short term plans and assist in the production of budgets, extrapolation of trends and support the input of financial data.
Accounting & Reporting:
- Review, analyse, monitor and update forecasts.
- Maintain short term financial plans, monitor and report actual expenditure against set budgets, assist with the closure of year end accounts and statutory reporting.
Controls and Compliance:
- Improve efficiency and controls of financial processes, methodologies and environments.
- Develop, test and review new methods and practices.
- Explain and reinforce BBC Finance policies and guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Ability to take complex data/principles and to communicate these in an understandable way to wider BBC team
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here