***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
The Ad Operations Executive will be responsible for delivery and trafficking of campaigns soured in the US region and be based in New York. The ideal person for this role will need to be comfortable interacting with all parts of the BBC including sales, editorial, product, marketing, among others to ensure a flawless, high quality advertising experience for all stakeholders and clients. The main purpose of this role is to support the ad sales teams in ad operations capacity. This role reports into the Head of Ad Operations Americas based in New York.
The role requires an ability to work in fast paced environment and have knowledge and confidence to make critical business decisions. Attention to detail, as well as taking ownership are integral to this role.
- Responsible for the delivery of direct and programmatic ad ops creatives sourced in the US region, including but not limited to quality control, trafficking, troubleshooting, reporting and optimization.
- Set up test & preview pages and test creatives as needed and send to internal team members and external clients & agencies directly
- Work with Global Ad Operations to maintain US specifications and push US needs and priorities for direct inquiries from clients & agencies
- Gather campaign from internal and external client, including by not limited to sales, clients and agencies
- Troubleshoot creative / tags as needed and communicate updates ongoing to clients and/or agencies
- Google Ad Manager proposal submissions & approvals
- Achieve and maintain low error rates, and put in place measures to prevent future errors.
- Assist in the operational implementation of new ad products.
- Liaise with teams responsible for Inventory & Yield Management, Planning and Business Intelligence to ensure open flow of information and data to better understand performance, campaign optimizations to achieve client targets.
- Work in group environment with Planning, Account Manager on day to day basis
- Work with Business Intelligence to help manage monthly billing
- Ensuring that digital advertising is compliant with Ofcom and BBC editorial standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years’ digital advertising operations experience.
- Experience of campaign delivery and optimization.
- Experience of working with Google Ad Manager.
- Knowledge of programmatic.
- Experience troubleshooting and using related tools, such as the Google Publisher Console, Charles and/or Fiddler
- Knowledge of the digital advertising market, including awareness of current and future industry trends, knowledge of key broadcasters, publishers & agencies in the digital industry and familiarity with commercial trading methods.
- An eye for detail.
- Exemplary teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working with 3rd parties, data & programmatic platforms
- Experience of Microsoft Office (including Excel).
- Related qualifications or study area an advantage.
- Knowledge of regional market and stakeholders.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here