***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
BBC Studios is seeking an ambitious, goal-oriented marketer who will sit at the center of a new marketing team charged with growing BBC’s commercial platforms and client partnerships. Reporting into SVP Marketing, BBC Studios, Americas, the Marketing Manager will own day-to-day relationships with 3rd party platform partners, ensuring maximum prominence and promotion of BBC’s services through effective account management and by developing strong partnerships with marketing and editorial representatives both internally and externally. The role will also support the content licensing team, creating stand-out marketing materials and pitches by working closely with the research and insights team and Senior Director of Marketing.
- Manage partner marketing campaigns with streaming and linear services from ideation through execution
- Work with BBC’s editorial teams and streaming partners to maximize editorial placements on and off platform, including quarterly planning meetings.
- Partner and support growth of Bluey and other key franchises as needed
- Create roadmaps to drive performance of BBC content on partner platforms, including appropriate brand attribution
- Oversee the development of insight-driven sales presentations in service of the content licensing team
- Own the promotional calendar for the marketing team and report out on status to key stakeholders
- Lead collaboration with the following teams, research and insights, creative, brand marketing, business development, PR, editorial and social teams
- In conjunction with Senior director, determine efficient process for managing and routing approvals of all brand related assets and services
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Manage marketing budgets and ROI reporting
The Ideal Candidate
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing, preferably in digital marketing
- Media/entertainment experience preferred
- Strong creative skills, with the ability to create narratives appropriate for each platform
- Strong understanding of audience development, including best practices for maximizing talent and key influencers to drive social conversation/engagement
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and plan projects from idea through execution, often managing competing deadlines
- Strong communicator with a can-do attitude and strong desire to get things done
- Strong writing skills, copywriting skills a plus
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here