**You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
This role supports the development of BBC Studios’ strategy and business initiatives, principally in the Americas, but also globally, providing analytical and operational support for the SVP, Strategy and Business Development, and the BBC Studios Global Distribution and Americas Distribution Executive team. This includes structuring & performing analysis of business units (content sales, direct to consumer, ancillary licensing), market trends and competition; researching and evaluating new opportunities to support BBC Studios’ growth strategy; and compiling presentations and management information
The role is a mix of research, business analysis and commercial business support. It operates across all the business divisions within the Global Distribution portfolio, but is primarily focused on the Americas business. The position reports to the SVP, Strategy and Business Development, but will also work closely with other members of the Global Distribution and Americas Distribution executive team, as well as UK-based strategy and business teams. The role will consist of project based work as well as fulfilling one off requests, supporting a range of contacts across BBCS by providing strategic analysis and market intelligence, and business support for the executive team. The work varies depending on what is needed at a corporate level at any point in time, e.g. compiling internal papers for a particular initiative, providing analytical support to determine deal structure and value, or researching areas of corporate interest and making insight driven recommendations.
- Support the development and execution of BBCS’s overall Global Distribution strategy through analysis and delivery of key insights, with a focus on the Americas market
- Plan and execute strategic analysis as required by Senior Management to support business activity & decision-making, including direct to consumer services, content distribution deals, customer account planning, business unit performance and forecasting, new business development, growth strategies, JV negotiations, & support for corporate strategic projects and process improvements
- Help to identify and research new business opportunities for BBC Studios in the Americas media market and globally, with focus on areas determined by the SVP, Strategy & Business Development and the President, BBC Studios Americas
- Keep across developments in the Americas and global media markets, and keeping relevant BBCS colleagues and Senior Management across these on a regular basis
- Compile information on Americas markets and businesses to fulfil management information requests from London
- Draft internal approvals and strategy papers for submission to the BBC Studios Executive Committee
- Helping to trouble-shoot internal approvals and from time to time manage external providers
NATURE AND SCOPE
Managing multiple projects and requests from various sources, with deadline constraints.
Managing expectations of contacts / clients due to limited time, support and budget constraints.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION
Managing and planning for complex and varied analysis with high level skill and detail-orientation, with a meticulous approach to ensuring accuracy in all communications.
Self-starter, proactive operator and creative problem solver, able to work comfortably with limited data and / or within an environment of uncertainty and change. Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with creatives.
Overall prioritization is advised by the line manager; however, individual prioritization is part of the role’s day-to-day function. Many of the projects involve working with colleagues from across BBC Studios, particular executives and department heads, finance, audience research and insight and in some cases the BBC.
This role has a range of working contacts across BBCS including staff and management of BBC Studios businesses in NY, LA, London and Toronto offices.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus but not required
- 7+ years’ experience in consulting / financial analysis / in-house strategy role, preferably with exposure to broadcasting / media markets
- Experience in strategic analysis and thinking is required, including:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Business modeling
- Financial analysis
- Market tracking
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of the US / global media market, particularly broadcasting and digital. Know key products, players, trends etc.
- Knowledge of the UK media market and BBC specifically is highly desirable
- Knowledge of market trends specific to emerging platforms and their business models
- Highly developed online research skills, and ability to manage multiple data sources
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong verbal business and communication skills
- Strong academic background and analytical skills
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here