Marketing & Creative Manager, Factual Entertainment & Formats
Globally, BBC Worldwide takes a lead role in developing premium content for audiences through a strong slate of programmes, leveraging deeper producer relationships, and by pursuing a more creative approach to deal-making. We’re looking for people to join the team who can help us to maximise the return from our content relationships through access to programmes and creation of new IP, exposure to growth businesses, and ever-closer partnering.
The Marketing & Creative Manager will work closely with the Head of Creative Networks and the Creative Director of Formats to build BBCW format brands and maximise revenue through the marketing and exploitation of the BBCW format catalogue.
- In conjunction with the Head of Creative Networks, manage the Format Marketing Budget and create the format media plan, including but not limited to digital & print media trade advertising, events and editorial opportunities around BBCW formats
- Working with the Head of Creative Networks, plan, create and project-manage the creation of all promotional and pitching materials, including back-up information, research such as viewing materials, online catalogue/ presence, ratings summaries, format alerts, premarket and post market newsletters and conference materials.
- Be a key contact for BBC Studios production and UK indie teams to ensure we have all the information required to market the formats in our catalogue and ensure that they are informed of the activity around their titles
- Manage the relationship with BBCW creative services and external agencies as required. Produce creative briefs, feedback on creative work, whilst managing relationships with IP holders. Ensure all materials are delivered in a timely fashion and to the specification required
In conjunction with the Creative Director of Formats, the Head of Creative Network, and the events team, plan and produce format launch events at key international formats markets
- Collate market intelligence around the global formats business and key industry markets and events. Share these resources with key internal and external partners as required.
- Interact with key stakeholders in the business (creative, press, research, brands, content strategy, regions, channels) to co-ordinate the promotion of formats internally and externally
- Work with the comms teams to maximise coverage of BBCW formats, securing panels, signing off press releases, producing stunts and events
- Brief research teams for more in depth analysis on market requirements and social media information as appropriate
- Play an integral role in the pitching and marketing of our formats to the international BBCW format network - in close collaboration with the Head of Creative Network; liaise with both the international format sales teams and production offices to ensure that BBCWW format catalogue is being exploited to its full potential within their markets.
- Source international trends and data to support tailored pitches. Feedback market intelligence to the Head of Acquisitions & Head of Creative Networks
- Working to the Head of Creative Networks, organise international formats conferences - set the agenda, liaise with BBCW global production offices to ensure key business areas are covered and organise for high profile TV executives to attend as speakers.
- Delegate and oversee work relating to the marketing of BBCW Formats to the Creative Network Executive and Creative Network Co-ordinator within the formats team
- Develop strong working relationships with International Producers and the Format sales team to ensure a first class service is delivered to our clients both internally and externally
- Develop strong working relationships across the business (including with Creative Services, and with the BBC & UK indies
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess a solid understanding of the formats business.
- Creative – ability to prepare persuasive pitches and marketing materials, written, verbal and visual. Experienced producer of promos, show reels and taster tapes
- Experience working with high profile brands, ensuring brand standards are met and managing relationships with IP holders
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills are needed as this is an internal and external facing role within BBCW.
- Adept at working on own initiative and under pressure.
- A skilled communicator, with a track record in written and verbal communication, including copywriting and proofreading.
- Experienced at working across different projects simultaneously.
- Used to identifying and prioritising key tasks on a daily basis.
- Able to self-manage.