The Asia Marketing Team manages BBC Studios leading international and multi-format brands as well as a portfolio of branded services including BBE Earth, BBC Lifestyle, BBC First, CBeebies and BBC Player.
It is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of trade and digital marketing campaigns.
- In consultation with the Head of Marketing and Senior Marketing Manager you will assist with developing and executing marketing plans in line with the overall portfolio marketing strategy for the Asia region.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Programming, Creative, Communications and Insights teams to deliver 360° marketing campaigns.
- Act as brand custodian for BBC Lifestyle and CBeebies brands in the region.
- Management of branded social media platforms and websites, including but not limited to content creation, scheduling, media planning and buying, and reporting
- Marketing lead for NEA and SA
- Management of eDM and mailing list for monthly programme updates for affiliates across the region
- Briefing, collation of and preparation of marketing collateral for brands and programs including: monthly highlights, eDMs, on air promos and assets.
- Assisting with the development and execution of B2B and B2C events.
- Building strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the region.
- Sourcing branded merchandise which adheres to BBC Studios’ ethical sourcing and fair trade policies.
- Managing the creation and deliver of EPG synopsis translations for distribution to clients each month
- Manage cost centre and budget tracking
- General administration and finance duties as required.
Scope & Impact
The Marketing and Digital Exec will work closely with the marketing managers across the region to delivery trade and digital marketing activity is to the highest quality, on time and to budget.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
The Marketing and Digital Exec will receive direction from the Head of Marketing and Senior Marketing Manager, but will be required to support the overall marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator will be encouraged to work proactively with the wider team within the parameters of their role.
Internal departments, external agencies, suppliers and partners – both Asia and UK based.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills, training and experience:
BBC Studios is an exciting business currently in growth phase. Timelines are often very flexible and market demands change quickly. The Digital and Marketing Exec must therefore be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment and must be adaptable, work well under pressure and receptive to change in the workplace.
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in marketing, preferably within a TV or media environment.
The ideal person for this role is someone with exceptional planning and organisational skills, be highly efficient with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to identify and recommend where processes can be improved.
They should have a positive outlook, work well as part of a team as well as being able to work independently. They should be able to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external and maintain clients.
- Comply with all relevant BBC safety rules, procedures and guidelines, and be aware of responsibilities under the BBC safety policy
- Comply with the BBC’s policies on diversity and apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
- Contribute to making BBC Studios a good place to work, attracting and motivating the best people.
- Proficient Microsoft office skills
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language is essential
- Knowledge of another Asian language advantageous – spoken and written
- Marketing degree desired but not required
key measures of success:
- Marketing campaigns and assets delivered on time and on budget
- Demonstrated collaborative approach
- Positive stakeholder feedback
*Please mention in your cover letter or cv, your available start date.
Role: Marketing & Digital Executive
Contract type: Full time
Deadline for applications is 14 September
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.