Marketing Executive - BBC Earth
We are recruiting for two exciting roles as Marketing Executives for BBC Earth, the team that launched Blue Planet II globally. The Marketing Executives will support the growth of the BBC Earth brand globally, work on global brand and marketing campaigns, provide marketing support on commercial brand extensions and partnerships, and play a key role in asset approval and management.
BBC Earth is a fast expanding portfolio brand within BBC Studios and this is an opportunity to join the team at a period of growth. The Marketing Executives will each have a separate direct manager as the portfolio of content and brand responsibilities is divided between the team.
About BBC Earth
BBC Earth is a global portfolio brand that invites audiences everywhere to engage with the wonders of our universe. We bring amazing premium content, television and experiences to the world across multiple platforms including branded channels, live events, digital and social media, AR/VR, theatrical releases for cinema and giant screen films and consumer products.
We believe that celebrating and connecting with our natural world is more important than ever, across nature, science, space and the human race. Along with our partners we are continually innovating to find new stories and experiences to bring insight, enlightenment and fresh perspectives to inspire us to think differently about our world. From the epic to the everyday, BBC Earth brings you face to face with heart-pounding action, mind-blowing ideas and the sheer wonder of being part of this amazing planet we call home.
- Support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Director in delivering global marketing campaigns for BBC Earth’s key programme titles. Support in writing creative briefs, managing project timelines for asset delivery & approvals, informing stakeholders of key information, and managing the storage and distribution of marketing assets via online system.
- Support the Marketing Manager in delivering world-class marketing at key client events, and through the creation of pitch materials for sales
- Own the asset management for the BBC Earth brand, across a variety of media including on-air materials, photography, brand facts, brand proposition & styleguides, and social and digital assets.
- Manage and communicate the rights, clearances and sensitivity of any assets being shared within the business or externally
- Act as main point of contact for all brand approvals coming in to department including escalating for further approval where appropriate with other stakeholders (i.e. talent or production) and ensuring whole approvals process runs as efficiently as possible.
- Work closely with the digital team in amplifying key content across our growing social platforms
- Manage a BBC Earth monthly dashboard, working with key stakeholders across the business
- Support the regional teams in growing the brand in their market by sharing expertise and assets
- Ongoing market research for pioneering ways to reach new target audiences through innovative content and marketing assets
- Basic office duties including raise purchase orders via SAP, diary management and sending out gratis product.
Additional Responsibilities for Role 1
- Manage the marketing campaigns for the BBC Earth giant screen and theatrical slate, working with the Brand Manager, external distribution partners and production teams to create engaging marketing campaigns and assets that will drive commercial success and engage new and existing audiences with our giant screen films.
- Act as the main point of content for our licensing team, managing product approvals and ensuring our licensing strategy and product aligns to our brand principles
- Support the Brand Manager in defining and negotiating production deliverables with Content and Production, to support key landmarks across internal stakeholders including co-pros
Additional Responsibilities for Role 2
- Work on marketing campaigns for our key programme titles at B2B events.
- Provide sales support for our key programme titles, making sales material and programme clips available to Sales teams.
- Support the Marketing Manager in the day to day relationship management of two big clients - Discovery in the US and Tencent in China - helping to answer marketing queries, project manage new marketing content for these clients and oversee the supply of marketing assets.
- BBC Studios international teams
- BBC Public Service
- BBC Studios’ Natural History Unit (NHU) and Science Unit
- BBC Studios Licensing Team
- BBC Studios Digital Team
- External Partners & Agencies
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in a brand or marketing related role for a global brand, ideally within entertainment and media industries
- A knowledge and understanding of key marketing principles
- Strong organisational, project management and prioritisation skills.
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn and willingness to go that extra mile.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with confidence with a broad number of stakeholders, across different regions and seniority levels.
- Excellent Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with an eye for identifying potential challenges
- Excellent relationship management skills
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s licence fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.