Purpose of the role
To assist with the production, planning and publishing of digital content across web and social media channels for BBC Studios’ scripted brands, including Doctor Who.
The role sits within the Brands digital marketing team, working closely with social media, marketing, licensing, production, brand and press teams.
- Write compelling and informative copy for web and social channels.
- Ensure all material and activity is of appropriate quality and complies with all relevant BBC & BBC Studios guidelines and procedures. Ensure the correct functioning of escalation and issue management procedures.
- Work closely with Brands, CRM and production teams on the execution of brand campaigns.
- Monitor performance of content assets, deriving insights from the data available to optimise and improve future asset creation.
- Source, produce and edit digital assets (images, gifs, video) that can be used across digital platforms, using relevant programs such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Manage communities and conversations on social channels in-line with the agreed strategy and in the Brand’s tone of voice.
- Collaborate with BBC and external social teams to extend content reach.
- Contribute to idea generation for digital content production and brand campaigns.
- Coordinate social publishing calendars.
Scope & Impact
Expected to operate relatively autonomously for most day-to-day activity.
All decisions made by the Digital Marketing Executive will be overseen by the Digital Marketing Manager.
This role will report into the Head of Digital Marketing & Publishing but will also have daily contact with the Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Executive, Content Producers, Digital Planner and Brand Marketing as well as CRM and external parties.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Doctor Who audience and what appeals to them.
- Experience of writing, scheduling and publishing on social channels.
- Experience of social media scheduling platforms and analytics tools.
- Proven ability to work with software such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Strong editorial sense and ability to develop content ideas.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems.
No minimum education needed for this role.
- A proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space.
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and subbing skills.
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships
Freelance Talent Pool
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s licence fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.