- To be the lead in the East Asia Marketing, responsible for one of the world’s most trusted brands
- This role will encompass predominantly Trade (Ad Sales) Marketing, Distribution Marketing and minimal Consumer marketing
- Ad Sales (trade) revenue contributes more than 50% of BBC Global News’ APAC revenue
- This role reports to Vice President, Marketing and Insights, APAC (based in Singapore). This role will form part of lean Marketing & Insights team in Asia (3 members in Singapore/ East Asia, 2 in Japan, and 3 in India)
- A very respectful and fair culture
- Good amount of autonomy
- East Asia markets include: SE Asia, Australia, HK, China, TW, Korea
- Work closely with Ad Sales team to understand, develop and implement the Trade marketing strategy which will encompass a calendar of activities that supports BBC Advertising initiatives and objectives related to BBC World News and BBC.com. Often including but not limited to
- Event management (eg. Virtual webinars, Virtual hospitality, speakers’ luncheon, partnerships and sponsorship at industry events, etc)
- Briefing and managing agencies to develop creative communications campaigns that achieve BBC World News’ and BBC.com’s trade marketing objectives throughout the region (brochures, eDM, desk drops, videos, digital marketing etc)
- Work with various media owners for media buys to achieve (eg. LinkedIn, trade marketing publications etc) Research and write creative and media briefs.
- Propose and execute fresh marketing ideas that meet Marketing objectives: Lead generation, sales team engagement, raise profile within sector, maintain thought leadership position etc.
- Work closely with our Distribution team to develop and implement a calendar of activities that support our Distribution/Affiliate business and drive higher viewership on partner platforms
- Manage and monitor budgets.
- Be mindful of competitor activity in the market and inform the team on competitor activity on a regular basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideal Knowledge and Experience:
- Well versed in marketing especially trade market, covering most of the activities listed above
- Planning and organisational skills: The ability to plan ahead, be mindful of deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time. A good eye for detail required
- Flawless events execution (virtual and F2F)
- Excellent production knowledge
- Comfortable using data to inform marketing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ability to write clear reports for senior managers.
- An interest in current affairs with good knowledge and interest in BBC World News and BBC.com
- Degree in Marketing or related field
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability and confidence to communicate with people at all levels.
- Self motivated, with a proven ability to work as part of a small team
- Flexibility and stamina & tenacity to work in a professional, sophisticated, fast pace and changing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess the bravery to propose and try new ideas
- The role would suit someone that is passionate about marketing and hungry for a role in which they will not stop learning, will be given autonomy and responsibility to work in a small team with a wide remit on an exciting and one of the world’s best brands.
Role: Marketing Manager
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
Deadline for applications is 19 December 2021
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to improving accessibility in our recruitment and selection processes at BBC Studios. If you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.