We are seeking a Marketing Manager for BBC Education to join our Children’s, Charities and Education team. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave, and is based at MediaCity in Salford.
Our team works across all aspects of the BBC Education offer – from campaigns to support priority products such as Bitesize, to brand development and strategic support around key brands and campaigns including Tiny Happy People, BBC Food and more.
It’s a fast-moving, fun and rewarding role, with a real variety of work on offer – every day is different. So if you’re hard working and passionate about how the BBC can reach audiences with our world class Education offer we want to hear from you!
As Marketing Manager, you’ll work with the Head of Marketing and a Coordinator to deliver multi-media campaigns and strategic support for a variety of brands across Education.
You will work closely with other teams at the BBC – Social, Interactive, and programme teams - to support the delivery of brilliant campaigns that are on brand, on budget and that work.
The Ideal Candidate
The right person will have worked in the media/broadcast industry or an agency/similar business - ideally on brands that are loved by school aged children, teenagers or families.
You will be able to tell us how you manage digitally-led, multi-media campaigns through each stage - from writing inspiring briefs to learning from your results.
You will be a strong communicator who’s good with people, builds great relationships quickly and can handle tricky conversations. You will have experience of line management and bringing out the best in a wider team of internal and external agencies.
We are looking for:
- A track record of delivering significant digital or TV marketing campaigns from brief to evaluation, ideally for youth/family brands
- Ability to quickly forge strong relationships with a range of senior stakeholders
- Experience of line management
- Ability to work independently on complex strategic initiatives
- Experience of leading teams across multiple departments and agencies
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract / Attachment
Location: Salford - MediaCity
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here