To support the fulfilment of materials for Video-On-Demand (VOD), Linear channels, Sales and Operations workstreams across the Asia business, with a focus on the key areas below.
- Manage the supply and delivery of materials (longform, shortform, images, scripts, metadata, etc) to all areas of business, ensuring materials are supplied to the required specifications and delivered on time. Be a key point of contact for all material enquiries.
- To create and maintain the detailed monthly EPG & affiliate VOD metadata in a timely and accurate manner. This metadata supports both internal end-to-end processes, and external customer facing platforms such as our portfolio of channels (BBC Earth, BBC Lifestyle, BBC First, BBC Brit & CBeebies) on partner VOD services.
- Manage regional vendors to ensure asset manufacture and delivery of customer orders meeting all requirements and due date. Ensure the highest levels of communication and swift escalation if required, resolution of delays, issues or rejections.
- Manage digital imagery workflow for both internal and external platforms. This includes consolidation of materials from distribution and internal repositories, curation, resizing and final delivery of images to meet business requirements and maintaining image catalogue.
- Provide ad-hoc support on purchase order raising.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent organisational skills; close attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Able to react to constant changes in priorities by reorganising work to meet shifting deadlines and targets.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation, both internally and externally. Excellent interpersonal & verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a creative eye for details and image selection and provide solutions through creative problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel) is required.
- Experience in the television broadcast industry or within digital media distribution and platforms preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Ability to proactively juggle and prioritise a number of different tasks at any one time supporting different business areas and individuals as necessary.
While the position has no direct budget responsibility, this role supports the fulfilment of regional revenue so a commercial awareness and understanding of the teams’ strategic importance is vital.
Work with the senior operational team to execute future strategies in key areas of responsibility. Supports regional teams with differing deadlines and potentially high volumes of requests, especially during peak periods in the calendar year, which are time / business critical.
Work flow structure
The role requires (daily) contact with internal colleagues based in Singapore, London and across Asia by phone and email. Works closely with, and provides direction on, operational matters to a variety of contacts including Operations teams, Branded Services teams and external stakeholders - including clients and vendors.
Role: Materials Coordinator (Asia)
Contract type: Permanent
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.