This is a unique opportunity to join our Media Management team who set industry standards in archiving and cataloguing and advise others on best practice. Media Management NI devise policies and processes for handling both traditional and digital media and provide a delivery service for the BBC's archive content to all our customers including BBC programme makers, policy makers and external clients.
Media Managers possess the range of necessary skills and knowledge of business processes, to manage conventional media and digital assets effectively, from the time of their origination to their deposit in the archive. Their role is to influence and share this expertise with production areas to ensure that information and metadata flows into the archive, thereby allowing the media assets to become available to others.
As a Media Manager you will work upstream alongside BBC production and support areas to ensure that content is deposited into the archive in a timely and cost effective manner. The range of duties vary dependent upon the main activities of the media environment and departments in which they work. By forging strong relationships with content-producing areas, Media Managers are able to build collections which promote the creativity and agility of the BBC to deliver new content across new platforms.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in a strongly customer focused environment
- A recognised professional qualification in Librarianship/information work/Archives or Records management, or a higher education qualification closely related to the work of the service concerned, or substantial relevant experience
- Flexibility to work across any content production areas and a wide range of duties
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels
- Able to work effectively across several teams and develop productive, trusting working relationships
- An interest in the application of information management skills within the traditional broadcasting environment and new services
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
Job Title: Media Manager
Contract: Fixed term contract until end of September 2019
The BBC recognises that flexible working can benefit both the employee and the BBC as it can create a range of employment opportunities to suit both changing operational needs and the needs of individuals. We will, therefore, consider flexible working requests for this vacancy. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
We are a diverse organisation and have much to be proud of, but we are also challenging ourselves to ensure that Diversity and Inclusion is hardwired into everything we do.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strong encourages applications from under-represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.