Sitting withing our Technical Production family our Media Operators provide Ingest, Outgest, transcription, preparation of edit suites, operational support to Craft Editors, media preparation and other media manipulation services as required to ensure the smooth running of Post Production.
In addition the provide global operational first line support for the BBC’s file delivery system. The team ensure media is where it needs to be when it needs to be there in the format it is required. Media Operators maintain defined production media standards to ensure the highest quality programs are delivered to BBC and external delivery standards.
- Work within a team of Media Operators providing the management and operation of all defined Media workflows across the hours of broadcasting
- Prepare facilities and media for use in production and post production using a range of systems appropriate to the task in hand
- Move media between the various production / post production systems ensuring that data integrity is maintained
- Prepare deliverables such as files for dubbing, tape playouts, tape clones, DVD’s and compressed files for local or remote viewings. Duties may include sending material to FTP servers and performing playouts to other broadcast centres
- Provide operational training and support as required to production staff of defined media workflows and equipment. This may include helping Production Teams deliver media in a suitable format for the workflow
- Assist in the continued development and implementation of media workflows and help to identify areas for workflow improvement
Are you the right candidate?
You must have the ability to present technicial information to non technical audiences and have worked previously in a time sensitive environment.
You must show a good level of computer skills, both Windows based and mac based systems. You should have a good understanding of media management techniques, IT and the Post Production Process and a knowledge of codec's, wrappers and metadata systems.
Contract type: 1 year Fixed Term/Attachment Contract
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here