The BBC are seeking a Media Portfolio Manager to manage our Online Scheduling Team. This is a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract based in Salford.
The Media Portfolio Manager for Online reports into the Media Scheduling Lead for Online. They are responsible for the day to day running of the 7 strong online scheduling team, across all facets of our online inventory, including display across bbc.co.uk and pre-rolls on iPlayer. The role is crucial in making sure our online inventory is as effective and efficient as possible, pushing forward ways of measuring and tracking the performance of the media in ways that go beyond ‘the click’ or ‘view’ (i.e. post impression analysis). The ideal candidate for the role should be an expert in online media deployment and measurement, with the ability to feed learnings back into improving the inventory.
- Day to day management of online media scheduling team
- Ensuring that all promotions are editorially correct and fit for purpose
- Analysis of performance of inventory, and implementing changes based on data
- Constantly looking for and implementing improvements in effectiveness and efficiency of online inventory
- Implementing improvements to our inventory performance, feeding in learnings from data analysis
- Use data to inform everything we do, including feeding into business cases for online inventory development
- Development of team, ensuring that all media schedulers and assistant media schedulers are experts in digital media scheduling and measurement
- Confident stakeholder management skills, dealing with media, product and editorial experts from all levels of the business
- Champion diversity, inclusion and equality within the team
- Report online & digital media developments to the wider media team, and the CCOG team too
- Take an interest in competitor activity and how the BBC may be able to learn from it
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years’ proven experience in managing digital media inventory across display and VOD
- Excellent team management skills, developing team members knowledge and ability in digital media
- In depth knowledge of digital measurement and optimisation methods, and the ability to apply the learnings to improve the effectiveness of digital inventory
- Excellent stakeholder management experience at all levels
- Ability to spot opportunities for inventory expansion and work with stakeholders to implement them
Contract Type: 12 Month Attachment / Fixed-Term Contract
Location: Salford - MediaCity
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here