24/7 Operations are the eyes and ears of BBC Online, and are responsible for keeping the BBC’s IP services on air. Issues with iPlayer, News, Sport, Radio, Children’s, Red Button, and any other online offering are spotted, logged, and in most cases fixed by 24/7 Operations. This means heavy involvement with major events being covered by the BBC, during which issues with live video or audio streams, event data, or publishing editorial content are raised and fixed within the team.
Working in 24/7 means working in a constantly changing environment and being adaptable enough to respond well to any one of the huge range of problems which can occur in the BBC’s large and complex live environment. As a team we are committed to continuous improvement which we feel is necessary to successfully manage audience-fit online services.
This position is a Permanent contract and the successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern.
As an Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- To be part of a team working on a 24/7/365 shift pattern to provide Operational support for industry leading applications used to produce BBC Online
- Use a diverse range of monitoring tools to spot service impacting issues.
- Technical diagnosis and resolution of incidents impacting live services.
- Logging all incidents accurately, and documenting investigative activities. Managing incident and escalating as appropriate and as per defined processes.
- Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned or unexpected events.
- Ensure efficient and appropriate communication to key stakeholders through the incident lifecycles
- Thorough handover of incident and environmental information through shift changes
- Collaborate with the wider FM teams including developers and producers to ensure best operational practice
- Work on improving our documentation and processes – ensuring all learning is shared, and improving the 24/7 team as a whole.
- Keeping abreast of operational changes in a fluid environment, ensuring that actions are taken in line with current best practice.
- Commitment to continuous improvement – working creatively to improve working practices
Are you the right candidate?
Essential skills & experience:
- Broad technical knowledge, including understanding of complex systems built from many separate components
- Experience of operating within, or demonstrable knowledge of mulit-platform environments
- Operational command line experience of Linux/Unix
- Operational experience across Cloud platforms, particularly AWS.
- Experience or knowledge of the principles of monitoring and interacting with a range of applications and services
- Knowledge of web architecture, and Internet connectivity technologies
- Experience in logging and managing incidents in an operational environment
- Familiarity with using a range of diagnostic and monitoring tools
- Ablility to communicate effectively with external providers and internal partners
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing defects in complex systems
- Able to create supporting documentation for the Operations team
- Appreciation of the principles of prioritisation according to service impact, and the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to share knowledge with team members for mutual gain
Desired skills & experience:
- ITIL practise and processes
- Problem solving methodologies
- PHP, Perl, Linux, Apache, MySQL, Oracle, HTML, Nagios, Zenoss, Remedy, Jira, DNS
- Programming/scripting skills.
- Experience in media and creative environments
- Understanding of the principles of network connectivity
- Database knowledge
1 x Permanent Full Time contract
1 x 6 month Fixed Term contract/attachment
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.