This is an existing role in the BBC EUC Team within the Technology group. Your aim will be to assist and be instrumental in ensuring we reach our ambitions. You will be a positive, friendly face to our customers, a technology fan (or even evangelist!) and a representative to our department in London.
The position would welcome a highly motivated individual, to join a hugely influential team working in a vibrant industry.
Aims of the Job:
The successful candidate will work closely with their Team Leader to formulate, plan, communicate and enable the delivery of a variety of assignments and products, supporting the technology strategy within Enterprise IT. You will keep up-to-date with technology developments, understand how they apply to the BBC, and investigate the most appropriate solutions to meet the business' technology needs.
A key part of the role is to work closely with a select group of executive level stakeholders providing IT support quickly and efficiently as and when required. The successful candidate will gather requirements, articulate business needs and explain technology solutions to technical & non-technical colleagues whilst delivering a wide variety of technology products and initiatives. They will have a can do attitude, be personable, approachable and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting end user compute technology for our users, this could be Windows, macOS, Mobile (iOS, Android) or other services
- Good, clear and concise documentation skills
- Self-starter mentality, there will be times where you’ll need to manage your own workload
- Project and product support - EUC run a high cadence of new deliveries to the business. You will understand and convey their value to our customers and identifying which technology is right for their use case
- Setup and configuration of equipment
- Technology delivery and user training
- On-going support and management of local IT provision
- Punctual and available you represent a single point of assistance and escalation for users
- Willingness to travel to national sites occasionally, and infrequently an opportunity to travel internationally if required
- Researching new methodologies, technologies and trends within IT is core to our department - your research will allow us to plan the road ahead
- Working alongside other team members both locally and remotely you will participate in group objectives, deliverables and meetings
- Maintain and develop skills by attending courses and seminars as requested, you’ll be learning some exciting new technologies in an exciting industry
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems - macOS would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of terms like Firewall, Port, Intranet, HTTP, Cloud
- Knowledge of connectivity interfaces like WIFI, VPN, TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of consumer mobility products, phones, tablets, platform considerations
- Appreciation of security such as 2 factor, SSL connectivity, user experience challenges
- Understanding of key differences between PoC, Pilot, Project, BAU
- Experience of dealing with end users, using a variety of means with a confident and personable approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, unflappable and able to work with executives
- Demonstrable knowledge of core Windows desktop products, like Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom video and voice conferencing
- Limited knowledge or understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy and other administrative tools would be highly advantageous
- Cloud computing product knowledge or exposure to technology like Office 365 would be ideal
- Commitment to deadlines and timely delivery
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London- New Broadcasting House
We are looking to hold interviews on Thursday 16th or Friday 17th December.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here