PMA/Diary Assistant to Head of Unscripted and Head of Production, BBC Studios Bristol
BBC Studios, Unscripted Factual produce a wide range of original, diverse, well-loved and highly acclaimed TV productions, such as DIY SOS, Antiques Roadshow and Countryfile as well as Bargain Hunt and Crimewatch Roadshow.
The PMA/Diary Assistant will provide administrative support to the Head of Unscripted, and Head of Production, in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
The main role is to act as PMA/Diary Assistant to the Head of Unscripted, and Head of Production, ensuring that their diaries and complex travel itineraries are managed in a proactive and efficient manner. You will be the main point of contact, dealing effectively and confidentially with all requests.
You will also be required to provide professional and efficient administrative, secretarial and office management support including helping to prepare presentations and agendas and taking minutes of confidential meetings.
You will have the confidence and ability to take responsibility for running and delivering projects or tasks and communicating progress.
The post holder will be proactive in ensuring that all relevant information is up-to-date, correct and available before meetings and will keep abreast of productions across BBC Bristol and support them as and when required.
Are you the right candidate?
- Significant experience of providing diary management and business support at Senior Management level in a complex and busy department perhaps in entertainment TV or event management.
- Able to communicate confidently with Senior Managers within the BBC or equivalent environment and to work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Experience of managing busy and complex diaries.
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Experience of working in a pressurised and challenging environment.
- Ability to use initiative to plan ahead essential.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a timely and accurate manner against deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Able to consider and propose new ways of working to improve existing processes
Contract type: Fixed term/attachment
Interviews are expected to be held on 23rd Jan 2020.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here