BBC GLOBAL NEWS:
BBC Global News is the home of the BBC’s award-winning international news, sport and features content, which reaches 121 million people around the world on TV, online, apps and social media each week. As a commercial arm of the BBC, we work with brands to create partnerships which connect them with our curious and globally-minded audience.
We make award winning series for BBC.com audiences outside the UK, using BBC’s storytelling heritage to tackle the issues shaping society by giving a voice to organisations leading change. Through unique research and insight we create original commercial content for global brands that tells stories from organisations and brands to BBC.com audiences and beyond, delivering formidable results.
This role is responsible for owning and building out significant global content partnership campaigns that deliver material commercial, creative and cultural value. This role is a new business, revenue generating position with a research/journalistic focus, involving direct engagement with C-suite decision-makers to fund and produce award-winning video content campaigns via BBC and third party platforms.
Sales and Business Development
- Outreach to senior decision-makers to negotiate collaborating and investing in content production across a range of innovative formats
- Successfully and consistently achieve quarterly and annual targets to support a fast-growing new business
- Manage the entire sales process from research, outreach, negotiation, close and account growth
- Oversee redlines and contract negotiation where necessary, liaising with legal, finance and compliance
- Input activity and revenue forecasts accurately into Salesforce
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly activity KPIs
Production and journalistic output
This is not just a sales role. We are looking for commercially savvy professionals with sales experience, but also with a passion for producing great editorially-led content, telling powerful stories, and building highly effective international marketing campaigns for their clients. Compensation will be based both on achieving and exceeding revenue targets, but it is also dependent on successfully ensuring the production of best in class digital content that achieves the goals of our clients, our partners and truly impacts our audience.
Business Development and Entrepreneurship
This is not just an individual contributor role, this is a position for a collaborative team player who is motivated by seeing a business grow as much as by seeing his/her individual pipeline grow. We are a fast-growing team within a large organisation, implementing ambitious plans for global growth. We are therefore eager to hire an entrepreneurial candidate motivated by growth and scale.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a sales and/or business development role and demonstrated ability to consistently outperform stretch sales targets A proven track record of building and managing external relationships as well as working in a high level in a representative capacity
- Clear, eloquent, and personable manner, alongside ability to think on your feet
- Confidence and experience of online and face to face meetings with senior executives
- The ability to research, understand, and relay new, complex concepts effectively
- Polished written, telephone, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills: Especially Excel
- Great time management and use of initiative, ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM is a benefit, but not essential
Contract type: 2 x permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here