Partner Manager (Commercial & Business Development Manager), BBC Programme Partnerships
BBC Storyworks is the creative studio with newsroom values. Agile content production agency from BBC Global News, embodying the BBC’s creative spark and rigorous editorial quality to help brands connect through beautifully crafted storytelling.
Programme Partnerships is a new division at BBC Global News. We tell the stories that make a difference but don’t always make the headlines. By developing partnerships with the most influential organisations, we identify the innovation, ambition and impact of some of the most transformative endeavours shaping our world today. Industries, campaigns, causes and passions are explored and unveiled around the globe. The creative and production values of BBC StoryWorks, combined with new and exclusive global audiences – we offer our partners the chance to bring their experience and expertise to life, today.
Sales and Business Development
- Outreach to senior decision-makers to negotiate collaborating and investing in content production
- Successfully and consistently achieve quarterly and annual targets to support a fast-growing new business
- Manage the entire sales process from research, outreach, negotiation, close and account growth
- Oversee redlines and contract negotiation where necessary, liaising with legal, finance and compliance
- Input activity and revenue forecasts accurately into Salesforce – Salesforce hygiene is essential
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly activity KPIs
Production and journalistic output
This is not just a sales role. We are looking for commercially savvy professionals with provable success in an equivalent sales role, but also with a passion for producing great content, telling powerful stories, and building effective international marketing campaigns for their clients. Compensation will be based both on achieving and exceeding revenue targets, but it is also dependent on successfully ensuring the production of high quality video content that achieves the goals of our clients, our partners and truly impacts our audience.
Business Development and Entrepreneurship
This is not just an individual contributor role, this is a position for a collaborative team player who is motivated by seeing a business grow as much as by seeing his/her individual pipeline grow. We are a small team within a large organisation with ambitions to grow quickly. We are therefore eager to hire an entrepreneurial candidate motivated by growth and scale.
Are you the right candidate?
- Relevant experience working in an international business development role
- Clear, eloquent, and personable telephone manner, proven ability to think on your feet
- Confidence and experience of credibly holding individual face to face meetings with senior executives
- The ability to research, understand, and relay new, complex concepts effectively
- Polished written, telephone, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience and proficiency in Salesforce
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London (can also be based in New York)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here