Pensions Systems Engineer
The BBC pension administration is provided by an in-house team based in Cardiff. The team strives to provide leading edge and high quality administration services to the Trustee of the BBC Pension Scheme (the Scheme), and to the BBC in respect of LifePlan and NEST arrangements on employer pension related matters.
The Pension and Benefits Centre provides administration, communications and operational support to both of these parties in line with agreed service levels and governance policies.
To provide these services, there is reliance on systems and databases to hold key information that is as up to date and accurate as possible. The Pensions Systems Engineer will sit within the pensions team, but focus on the digital aspects of vital systems maintenance.
You will be responsible for delivering technology solutions that meet the agreed specifications for our Pensions systems, turning stakeholder requirements into realistic technical solutions in conjunction with the Lead Data Engineer.
For full remit, please refer to the Appendix section on the attached Job Description.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for the following core skills and experience:
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Experience with Web development
• Working knowledge of Oracle database
• Application troubleshooting and support
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
(d) Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here