People Experience Director
We are seeking a People Experience Director, a new role for the BBC which will be responsible for creating and delivering an engaging and seamless employee experience at the BBC.
Reporting to the Group HR Director and a member of the HR Leadership Team, the People Experience Director will focus on creating a great working environment and culture where people can thrive in their careers. Ensuring we have the right people, with the right skills who are engaged and motivated to deliver their best for the BBC.
Involving a mix of HR skills such as business partnering, talent acquisition and talent development, the People Experience Director will partner both the business and HR to develop strategic plans in order to attract, retain and develop diverse talent by creating inclusive innovative people strategies that align to our business strategy.
We’re one BBC. Great things happen when we work together. Creativity is the lifeblood of the BBC and our leaders are passionate about nurturing creativity. We respect each other and celebrate our diversity and our leaders are committed to creating an environment where everyone can flourish. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an organization which truly values their employees and the HR contribution
- Work closely with the Group HR Director to shape and develop HR initiatives, policies and processes balancing the need to improve the employee experience with commercial reality.
- Develop a people experience strategy, action plan and roadmap with associated measurement, that supports the desired culture of the BBC
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the HR function to diagnose strengths and opportunities across the employee lifecycle impacting employee experience
- Lead the development and delivery of a leadership development strategy to improve leadership capability, drive accountability and role model BBC values and behaviours.
- Provide support to the Head of Learning & Development to drive capability and performance through the BBC Academy and leadership development programmes
- Lead the development of the employer brand and EVP to creatively and genuinely enhance BBC as an employer of choice, as well as developing an engaging induction and on-boarding experience
- Develop and deliver an approach to talent acquisition that ensures that the BBC has the diversity, skills and talent to compete in all the varied talent markets it operates within (Journalism, production, technology etc)
- Lead on strategic workforce planning to identify current and future skills and develop talent management plans to identify, grow or acquire organisational capabilities including effective succession planning and new talent development schemes.
- Provide inspirational leadership and support career development and talent retention.
Are you the right candidate?
The People Experience Director will bring a range of experiences ideally gained in leading talent functions in complex, global businesses. Ideally you will bring the following:
- Deep understanding of how approaches to engagement can be used to create organisation value and improve the employee experience.
- Deep understanding of how to define current and future capability needs of the organisation and how they drive strategic workforce planning and the learning & Development strategy.
- Understanding of current and future trends in learning and motivation, and how to use them to shape the learning strategy and build a learning culture.
- How to create a unique employer brand aligned to culture, mission and values
- Adept at managing numerous, diverse senior and executive level stakeholders, often operating under tight timescales and managing numerous competing priorities.
- A convincing and persuasive communicator, required to modify beliefs and opinions of teams, as well as senior stakeholders, able to establish effective and collaborative relations across BBC departments, and external agencies/stakeholders where required.
- Act as the conduit to effective communication and influence down the management hierarchy.
- An understanding of the media sector and BBC competitors and awareness of the way in which programmes are commissioned, financed and produced.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of all BBC’s regulatory and contractual obligations as they pertain to their functional area.
- Extensive experience in managing significant budgets and understanding key financial drivers.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Can be based in any of the BBC’s main UK bases, but will require substantial time in London, travel around the UK
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here