BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production, and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
This is an exciting time to join the Children's & Education team as a PA to support the Managing Director and another senior leader. You will act as the primary point of contact for the MD and add value to the team by building alliances with internal and external stakeholders, liaising with talent, providing a host of administration, organisation, preparatory activities, and covering ad hoc duties. You will be adept at making people feel welcome, highly organised, and take pride in your attention to detail. This is a career-building opportunity for a PA with a keen interest in children’s content.
The mission of Children’s & Education is to champion and serve all children - tomorrow's authors, dancers, coders, nurses, engineers, inventors, and citizens are our audiences of today. Children’s & Education is unwavering in a commitment to inspire the next generation to be the most imaginative, most resilient, and most curious they can be.
You will be supporting the Managing Director of Children's and one other senior member of the Children's & Education team. As the PA, you will have the opportunity to be part of some of the most exciting children’s content that we produce. You will frequently liaise with senior-level internal and external contacts, screening and prioritising all forms of incoming communications, dealing with routine issues, and ensuring responses are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
You will provide a comprehensive diary management service. This will include the management and scheduling of key calendar appointments; managing extremely busy and constantly changing diaries that include stakeholder management, production and channel meetings, travel, and follow-up on outstanding actions ensuring effective management of your MD's time and workload.
You will be an effective communicator with an understanding of the MD’s role; you will act as the first point of contact handling confidential information and requests with tact and diplomacy.
You’ll relish being part of a collaborative team and have excellent communication and influencing skills, unafraid to approach people at all levels with polite and friendly formality.
You will be adept at office systems, procedures, and the day-to-day operations of working in an incredibly fast-paced environment. Prepare documents, presentations, and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software e.g. PowerPoint presentations.
The role will require you to have the ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities while providing an excellent level of service to stakeholders and talent.
You will also be required to contribute to ad hoc projects when necessary and to proactively assist the team in carrying out their objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do
- Previous experience in a PA role and experience assisting managers professionally and with discretion
- Experience in effectively managing complex and consistently changing diaries and booking travel
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to coordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met
- Good ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, externally and internally
- Proficient computer skills with demonstrable experience in office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to make people feel valued and welcome, and practical experience in gathering, and collating confidential information
- Ability to use own initiative, be proactive, and deal with specific queries as they arise
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work well with a range of people at all levels
- Passion and a keen interest in children's content will be desirable; a genuine desire to be an integral part of a team, that is creating some of the most diverse and admired programming in the world
Contract type: Permanent
Location: TVC, London W12
Working pattern: Hybrid working. (Home plus office-based two/three days per week)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.