Global Markets, which encompasses Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, takes British content to the world. This is achieved through creative partnerships with local indies and broadcasters to create local content, affiliate channels deals to introduce BBC Brit, BBC Earth, BBC First and CBeebies to international audiences and finished programme sales to show fantastic content like Planet Earth II and Doctor Who to the world.
Were looking for a dynamic and organised PA to provide two regional EVPs and our VP Branded Services with professional, well organised administrative assistance, as well as overall office management support. In this role, youll be the focal point of contact for these team members, both internally and externally, and well therefore be looking for you to represent a professional image and manner at all times. Looking after these three senior managers, youll need to be able to handle multiple requests at one time and to prioritise and manage time calmly and effectively. You will be driven by a genuine desire to be proactive and to help these team members efficiently manage busy schedules.
In this role, a snapshot of the tasks that youll be responsible for are listed below:
- Manage and schedule calendar appointments to support the senior managers to deliver results.
- Assist in the planning of national and international business trips, adhering to expenses policy and processes.
- Assist in ensuring all relevant paperwork is available for meetings/conferences to facilitate an efficient and effective process.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people both inside and outside the organisation and work co-operatively with other team members and other divisionsto support an effective and efficient office.
- Record and process expense claims, having the confidence to question any items that exceed policy.
- Manage all IT requests for senior managers to ensure any new starters are setup for their first day.
- Manage holiday and sickness records for the team to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Raise purchase orders on SAP and manage the payment of invoices in a timely manner to ensure they are paid accurately and at the appropriate time.
- Provide cover for other Executive or Personal Assistants in their absence.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, were looking for someone who understands what its like to be a PA in a media environment, ideally but not exclusively in an international environment. Youll have the ability to self-supervise, be pro-active and work as part of a team whilst ensuring that details are covered and looked after at all times. Youll have administrative experience either as a PA or a Team Assistant for a number of people, and will want to continue in your career as a Personal or Executive Assistant.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.