This is an exciting opportunity to work in BBC Studios Productions, in our Production HQ team. As Personal Assistant, you will be supporting senior managers within Production HQ, providing first class business support.
The role will provide day to day diary management and administration support for our team in Production HQ. It’s a varied role and your duties would include organising meetings, working with stakeholders both inside and outside the BBC, managing queries and providing assistance to the managers you support.
You will have previous experience supporting managers at a senior level, with excellent communication skills. You will be able to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities with minimal supervision to deliver within tight deadlines.
- A good communicator with knowledge of BBC Studios, you will act as the first point of contact handling complex and confidential situations and requests in a timely and effective manner
- Organise events and meetings, including the booking of venues, travel and accommodation.
- Provides some diary management services, including the management and scheduling of key calendar appointments ensuring effective use of managers’ time.
- Frequently liaise with various internal and external contacts, screening and prioritising all forms of incoming communications.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post including the collation and preparation of invoices, raising purchase orders and processing expenses, providing assistance to the managers.
- Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software.
- Prepare straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data.
- Dealing with routine issues and coordinating more complex responses, ensuring that these are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for coordinating team IT requests, user administration, systems access and record keeping. Working with the lead asset manager to ensure those who are joining or moving to the department are equipped appropriately with the correct IT assets and leaver’s assets are returned.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of providing designated assistance at managerial level in a range of organisations.
- Proven experience of organisation, diary management and planning skills.
- Organised with ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to coordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with range of people at all levels.
- Good ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Strong computer skills with extensive demonstrable experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use own initiative, be proactive and deal with specific queries as they arise.
- Attention to detail and practical experience of gathering, analysing and collating complex and confidential information.
- Diary management experience.
- Experience in production/media sector (desirable)
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.