BBC Marketing & Audiences are looking to recruit a Portfolio Head of Audiences - Audience Planning and Transformation.
This is a permanent role with flexible location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- As Portfolio Head of Audiences, Planning:
- The headcount, structure and budget of the Audience Planning team, its delivery against the CCOG goals and objectives
- Line management of 15 M&A Planners within Audiences, and ownership of the M&A Planner job family (including job descriptions, pay band levels, training and development resources – including planners outside of Audiences)
- Growing the influence of Audience-centric thinking on creative decisions across the BBC’s output, via thought leadership and communication, effective prioritisation of projects, recruitment, development and retention of excellent people, and via securing funding / EFT from other divisions
- Maintaining a highly capable, independent and collaborative Audience Planning team that can be managed and run largely by the senior leadership team (4 x Heads of Planning), allowing the Portfolio Head of Audiences to focus time and energy across the department and the division
- As Portfolio Head of Audiences, Transformation:
- Supporting the Director, Audiences in setting the department's annual strategy, and creating the narrative and comms assets that go with it (workshops, presentations, articles & videos etc)
- Overseeing the cross-divisional forums oriented around our strategic priorities; and facilitating the set up and continued success of the cross-functional Audience Leadership Groups, supporting the divisional heads of Audiences to bring together team leaders inside and beyond CCOG to prioritise work around Service goals
- Supporting the Director, Audiences, and working closely with the Customer Strategy and Insight team to join up the flow of communication between the Chief Customer Officer and Audiences teams delivering impact in and across the divisions, so that issues are escalated, progress can be noted and accelerated, and success can be recognised
- Acting as a key point of contact for the Director, Digital Portfolio in support of the Digital Leadership Group, aligning their goals and efforts with the customer strategy so that the activities undertaken are mutually reinforcing
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Director of Creative Diversity, aligning their goals and efforts with the customer strategy so that the activities undertaken are mutually reinforcing
- Being a valued contributing member of the Audiences Management Team
- Being a valued contributing member of the CCOG Brand Forum, which meets monthly
- Being a valued contributing member of the CCOG D&I working group, which meets monthly
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to manage, develop, retain and enable a team of Planners (audience-led creative strategists) to do their jobs brilliantly
- The authority and persuasive power to influence audience-led thinking on creative decisions across the BBC at the most senior level
- A highly collaborative, strategic thinker, with exceptional communication skills
- A facilitator of cross-divisional, cross-functional teams, as comfortable developing strategies for digital product and data teams as for insight professionals and measurement specialists to have greater business impact
- A thought leader for the transformation of the BBC’s insight function
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: UK - Flexible
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here